CAPM Certification: An Overview
Preparing for PMP® Certification? Take this test to know where you stand!This certification is the ideal validation of a project manager's commitment towards excelling at the job and guarantees individuals a strong foundation in the fundamentals of project management.
Not only does this certification help in boosting career growth, it features on the list of the highest paying credentials across the world. The fact that it is not designed with a specific industry in mind and the huge range of choices available are additional benefits.
The Accreditation Body
• You need to have a ‘Secondary diploma' or its equivalent globally
• A professional experience of 1,500 hours
• The professional experience should be preferably on a project team
• Secondary or a high school diploma
• Formal education amounting to 23 contact-hours
• Education hours refer to academic pursuit in the field of project management
These are two different eligibility options providing alternatives for both -aspirants with actual job experience, or for aspirants with no experience at all. The minimum education qualification required is a high school diploma, thereby offering an opportunity for those lacking a formal education and not having the scope for pursuing formal education to carve a better future. Before you apply, ensure that you conform to at least one or all eligibility requirements so there is no scope for rejection of your application.
Process to Get Certified
The online self-learning course is accessible from anywhere across the world and is extremely flexible, suiting the requirements of a wide range of aspirants across the world. All you need is a good internet connection and a computer to work with and cover the topics.
You need to apply for the CAPM® course and register online. Next, login to the online system to begin your certification course. Alternative offline services are available too. All you need to do is discuss with the local PMI® chapter who are vested with the authority to impart lessons and get started easily. Printed application forms for the Certified Associate in Project Manager is readily available at the local PMI® chapter.
You need to appear for the exam within a year of getting the registration code, and marking is based on the number of questions that are answered correctly. PMI® , however, does not make the pass grades public.
For more detailed information, aspirants can always refer to the CAPM®Exam Guidance.
Accredited Training Partner
Simplilearn gives its students a unique experience providing both the online as well as the classroom training for CAPM® under one roof. Professionals undergoing training get to experience
• Live webinars
• Get sample exam questions for the CAPM® certification
Complete understanding of PM framework in terms of 10 knowledge areas and five process groups and 47 different processes.
• Mock exams are organized to give aspirants practice
• Aspirants also get an opportunity to enrich their knowledge in the Project Management field and improve skills in their chosen area.
• 9 hours of quality e-learning content to enable coverage of detailed information module
• Quizzes are organized to enable better absorption of the lessons
• Two simulation exams prepare aspirants to take on the challenges of the exact examination paper and how to be best prepared for the ultimate challenge.
Some of the big positives of pursuing this certification with Simplilearn include:
• Better understanding of the fundamentals of the processes and strong experience in the field of implementing that knowledge on real, live projects.
• Aspirants get a detailed overview of all the five process groups in project management along with the ten knowledge areas.
Thus, all in all, Simplilearn encompasses a comprehensive course study with real cases to draw inspiration from and analyze the experience of actual project implementation. The money back guarantee on training and refund on cancelation of the certification examination are added advantages.
Students are scored on the basis of the remaining 135 questions and the percentage assigned is also on the basis of these 135 questions. All of these questions are multiple choice options, and there would be only one correct answer for each of them. Every correct answer gets one point, and one can choose to revisit a question that they might be unsure of, later on. The number of points required to pass the CAPM® exam is, however, not made public and it is at the PMI® discretion to award the certification.
The examination results are conveyed through emails and may take up to 4 weeks. The examinations are conducted in English and PMI® provides language aid for 13 languages. Login to http://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/certified-associate-project-management-handbook.pdf for details.
Retaking the Exam
Career Growth And Roles Post Certification
The demand for CAPM professionals in Canada ranges from construction, software development, IT consulting to and engineering services. Even across US, professionals with CAPM certifications are in demand in banking, software development, IT services and health care.
Post Examination Requirement
CAPM, PMP, and PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Recommended articles for you
The Professional Advantages of the CAPM CertificationArticle
PMI-ACP Exam: Agile Certified Practitioner - Eligibility Req...Article
PMP® vs PRINCE2 vs CAPM®: Which One's Right for Me?Article