In this article, we will learn about some of the top Hexaware Interview Questions and Answers. Firstly, let us learn a bit about Hexaware Technologies.
Hexaware Technologies is one of the world's first IT Service Management companies where nearly half the workforce works digitally. In recent years, there has been rapid growth in the organization, and currently, Hexaware provides different services such as Digital Assurance, Enterprise Solutions, Business Process Services, and so on. Atul K. Nishar founded the company in the year 1990, and as of date, the branches of the company spread across several locations in India, such as Chennai, Bengaluru, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Pune, and Hyderabad.
Hexaware Recruitment Process
There are three stages in the Hexaware Recruitment process.
- Stage 1: Written Test
- Stage 2: Technical Interview (also known as the TR)
- Stage 3: HR Interview
Interview Process/Interview Rounds:
As discussed above, there are two types of interview rounds in the entire recruitment process. They are technical interviews and HR interview rounds. Let us discuss each stage more clearly.
Stage 1: Written Test
Stage 1 tests the applicants' aptitude, communication, and logical skills. The questions are from four different backgrounds: computer science, English, logic, and aptitude. In most cases, each section will be given equal time to solve.
Stage 2: Technical Interview
Stage 2 of the recruitment process tests the theoretical knowledge of the applicants. All the applicants who cleared stage 1 (written test) will be moved on to stage 2, where every applicant is interviewed by a panel of domain experts and other industry professionals. The applicants may be tested on domains such as DBMS, OOPS, programming languages, operating systems, computer networking, and other concepts.
Stage 3: HR Interview
Stage 3 of the recruitment process tests the mental performance of the applicant. The candidates will be interviewed by a panel of interviewers from the HR team and will test the candidate's ability to handle critical situations, mental conditions, etc. It is considered to be an easy one, but the most crucial round in the whole recruitment process.
Hexaware Technical Interview Questions: Freshers and Experienced
1. State the difference between C and C++.
1. It is a structured programming language.
1. It is an object-oriented programming language.
2. There are no objects, classes, constructors, and so on in this language.
2. There are objects, classes, constructors, and so on in this language.
3. C is a subset of C++
3. C++ is a superset of C.
4. It doesn't support polymorphism, inheritance, and other OOPS properties.
4. It supports polymorphism, inheritance, and other OOPS properties.
5. It doesn’t contain namespaces.
5. It contains namespaces.
2. What do you mean by Recursion Function?
In a recursive function, the function calls itself a defined number of Times.
3. Explain Pointers.
Pointers are the variables used to store another variable's address value. In such a way, a pointer points out another variable. For example, they are represented as *a
4. What do near, far, and huge pointers mean?
A near pointer is similar to a regular pointer, which is used to store the address of another variable (generally of 16-bits size)
A far pointer’s action is similar to a regular pointer but can store up to 32-bits of data.
A huge pointer also can store up to 32-bits of data. The main advantage of the huge pointers is that they can be modified but a far pointer cannot be modified.
5. What types of instance variables are there?
In Java, an instance variable is a variable that is declared inside a class but outside the scope of methods. These variables are created when an object is designed for the class or when the class is loaded.
6. Explain Inheritance.
7. Does Java support multiple inheritances or not?
No, Java does not support multiple inheritances.
8. State difference between Package and Interface.
1. A package can be imported with the help of the import keyword.
1. An interface can be extended by using another interface or it can be implemented with a class using the implement keyword.
2. A package is a group of classes or interfaces together.
2. An interface is a collection of abstract methods.
3. A package can be created using the keyword ‘package’.
3. An interface can be created using the keyword ‘interface’.
9. Can you explain Abstract class?
A class can be made into an abstract class using the keyword ‘abstract.’ One cannot create an object for an abstract class. But it can be accessed by inheriting it from another class.
10. What do you mean by Trigger? And can we invoke them on-demand?
Triggers are a particular type of SQL code used to automatically implement a piece of code in response to specific actions performed on a table.
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide on SQL Basics
11. State difference between union and anonymous union.
A union is a user-defined data type where it enables the declaration of different kinds of variables. Still, the allocation of memory happens only to the variable with the largest size.
Anonymous Union is also known as the union with no name. Since they do not have names, we cannot create any object for anonymous unions.
12. Is it possible to make a constructor private?
Yes, it is possible to make a constructor private using the access modifier ‘private.’
13. How are this() and super() methods used with a constructor?
The methods this() and super() are used to call a constructor. The this() method is used to call the constructor of the current class, whereas the super() method is used to call the constructor of the parent class (or base class).
14. Explain WYSIWYG.
The term WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get, which is editing software used to edit the content and prepare it for the final appearance in the form of a slide presentation or printed document.
15. What is Throughput, Turnaround time, waiting time, and Response time?
Throughput is the total number of processes that finish the execution within a specified period. Turnaround Time is the time taken for a process to complete its Execution. Waiting Time is when a process waits in a ready queue before getting executed. Response Time is the time taken to respond to a request for Service.
16. Can you explain the RR Scheduling algorithm?
Yes, RR stands for Round Robin scheduling algorithm. It is a CPU scheduling algorithm where every process is allowed to execute only for a certain amount of time (also known as Time Quanta TQ). Once the limit exceeds, the process is pushed back into the waiting queue and waits for the next turn. If the process execution is finished within the TQ, then the process is terminated.
17. When would you use the char type versus the varchar type?
Char is more space efficient than Varchar. Char is used when we need to store the data of smaller size and actual size, whereas we use Varchar when we need to store data of variable lengths such as the name of the person or place.
18. State difference between List in python and NumPy array.
List (in python)
1. All the elements in a list are stored at random locations in the memory.
1. All the elements in a NumPy array are stored in sequential order.
2. It consumes more memory than a NumPy array.
2. It consumes less memory when compared to a NumPy Array.
3. Modifying a list is easier in python.
3. Modifying a NumPy Array is complicated when compared to a List in python.
4. It can contain elements of different types.
4. It can contain elements of similar data types only.
19. Write a program to reverse a number and reverse a string.
Let us have a look at the program to reverse a number and reverse a string in python.
Reverse a Number in python:
value = 502
reverse = 0
while value!= 0:
digit = value % 10
reverse = reverse * 10 + digit
value //= 10
print("Reversed value is : " + str(reverse))
Output: Reversed value is: 205
Reverse a String in Python:
s = s[::-1]
string = "Podium"
print("The original string is : ", end="")
print("The reversed string is : ", end="")
Output: The original string is: Podium
The reversed string is: muidoP
20. Write a function to print the Fibonacci series.
a,b = 0,1
print('The Fibonacci series is :',end= " ")
for i in range(2, value):
c = a + b
a = b
b = c
print(c, end=" ")
value = 15
Output: The Fibonacci series is : 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377
Hexaware HR Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell us about yourself and your family background.
Hi everyone, I am xxxxx. I recently graduated from ABC college. I completed my degree in 2020 under the XYZ branch. My father is a police officer, and my mother is an entrepreneur. I am the youngest among all my siblings.
2. What makes you think that you are eligible for this job?
I feel I am the most eligible person for this role because of the skills and experience I have gained over the years. Also, my communication and team-leading skills allow me to work with a diverse set of people comfortably and productively.
3. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
I am comfortable with working night shifts and on weekends.
4. How do you get updated with new technologies?
I am very interested in updating myself with the modern technologies present in the market. I feel that one must update themselves regularly to sustain in the industry.
5. Which location preference do you want?
I am comfortable with all the locations where there is a vacancy for the role. However, Location1, Location2, and Location3 are my top three choices for location.
6. What are your pros and cons?
Confidence, positivity, and the ability to accept feedback are some of my pros. My lack of long-standing experience in the software industry, and my tendency to take significant risks are some of my cons.
Hexaware Interview Preparation
Interview Preparation Tips
In this section, we shall learn about some interview preparation tips. Firstly, be confident while attending an interview and stick to your resume. Mention the skills and experience that you possess. Don't try to put fake skills and fake expertise in the resume. Confidently prepare for all the concepts in OS, computer networking, data structures, algorithms, etc... Be confident while speaking and presenting your skills. No need to stress and lose confidence while answering the questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Hexaware?
It is an Indian organization that expanded over several major cities in India, creating more opportunities for the unemployed.
2. What is the salary for freshers in Hexaware?
The average salary for freshers in Hexaware ranges anywhere between 3.5L to 5.0L.
3. Is the Hexaware interview easy?
The level of difficulty depends upon the preparation and time spent on it. If a person works hard, they can perform well in the interview. Else, the person may find it very difficult.
4. Is there a coding round in Hexaware?
Yes, there will be a coding exam for the software developer position.
5. Which programming language is used in Hexaware?
C, C++, Java, HTML, and so on are some of the programming languages used by Hexaware.
6. How long is the Interview Process at Hexaware?
Generally, it takes 3-4 weeks to finish the interview process at Hexaware.
7. What are the Eligibility Criteria at Hexaware?
The eligibility criteria at Hexaware depends upon the role offered. But the most standard requirement is having achieved 60% in degree courses without any active backlogs.
Looking to accelerate your career as a skilled Full Stack Web Developer? Leverage Caltech CTME's academic excellence in a unique bootcamp-style Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Enroll Now!
Now that you have gone through the top Hexaware interview questions and answers for 2022, you will be in a much better position to answer the interview with ease. If you are looking to further enhance your skills in the software development domain, then we highly recommend you to check Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. This course is created in collaboration with Caltech CTME and will help you gain the required knowledge and make you job ready within a quick time.
If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to post them in the comments section below and our team will get back to you at the earliest.