Lowe’s Inc. is America’s best home improvement retailer company serving its customers since 1921. It started as a small general store, but now it provides total home solutions to homeowners. It is the second-largest hardware company in the world.
Lowe’s established its operations in Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore, India, in 2014. Its area is spread across 4.5 Lakh sq. ft.
Lowe’s has made to Fortune’s top 50 All-Star list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the first time in 2011. It could secure 47th rank.
Lowe’s New systems in India are being manufactured using the latest architectures, including micro-services that ease the change of a part without changing the whole system and application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow third-party connections with the systems.
- Deliver the right improvement products
- Best service and value across every community and channel
Customers served per week
Stores in US and Canada
Global associates including India
Lowe’s Focus Areas for Retaining Good Market Share
- Drive pro-penetration
- Developing online business
- Expand installation services
- Encourage localization
- Elevate assortment
Recruitment Process at Lowe’s
Getting a job at Lowe’s includes the following procedure
- Finding the job of interest
- Applying for the job
- Waiting for the interview call
- Technical interview round
- HR interview round
- Job Confirmation
The first thing required is to create a profile at the company’s official website. Submit your application with the required qualifications here. After this, a mandatory Lowe’s assessment test is required to be attempted by the candidate. It includes:
- Personality test
- Situational judgment test
- Cognitive test
Based on this test, you will be selected for an in-person interview. Candidates for managerial positions are required to give another specialized test.
It involves 2 rounds of interviews
- Preliminary interview by the HR and the assistant manager.
- The Second round is usually done for managerial posts by the HR and department manager.
Commonly Asked Lowe’s Interview Questions and Answers
Various questions related to the specialization of the job could be asked by the interviewer. This helps in identifying the knowledge and understanding of the candidate.
The HR can ask some other general questions like
1. Tell me about yourself.
The candidate should give a brief about himself, including his qualifications, hobbies, and interests. Focus more on work-related experiences.
2. What do you know about Lowe’s?
The candidate must prior read about the company and its operations thoroughly. He should be familiar with the services and other major details about the company.
3. What experience do you own in the field?
The interviewer here wants to know about your previous work and jobs and also wants to have a deeper understanding of whatever you have written in your resume.
4. Why do you want to join us?
The candidate must tell why he wants the job and his motive in life. Relevant reasons will impress the interviewer.
5. Why should we hire you?
Here, the candidate must show his importance to the company and what good he could bring to them. Here he should talk about his strengths and capabilities.
6. Tell something about your previous work.
Tell about your past job and the experiences you have earned. Also, tell them about your profile at your previous place.
7. What are your aims for the next 5 years?
Convince the interviewer that you will reach a good position in next coming years with the company or any other aim you want to reach.
8. What are your salary expectations?
Research the market value of your job to negotiate the salary. Asking too high or too low can put you in a difficult situation.
How to Prepare for the Interview?
Preparation for Lowe’s interview is the same as any other interview. The following points must be borne in mind
- Have a background knowledge about the company and its evolution
- Mention everything true in the resume
- Read your resume so that you do not miss any point
- Prepare yourself well enough for the subject related to your job
- Be confident enough
- Dress appropriately
A Career at Lowe’s
Lowe’s has an environment that encourages ownership and accountability. Wellness programs along with extensive development opportunities.
It offers numerous career options for applicants to choose from.
- Windows Admin/Engineer
- Windows Administrator (Infrastructure)
- Demand Planner
- Release management Analyst
- User experience Sr Architect
- Information Security Analyst
- Senior IT Software Engineer
- Senior Engineer (iOS)
- Repair Svcs claim Specialist
- Network Engineer
- Technical Product Owner
- Lead Analyst
- District Asset Protection Manager
- IT associates Support Tech
Whether you are a software developer, Engineer, analyst, or manager, everybody has a vital role to play.
Tips for the Interview
Here are some tips that could help you to slide smoothly through the interview process
- Showcase yourself as confident and honest in all answers. That leaves a good impression on the interviewer.
- Feel free to use your past experiences as an add-on to your answers.
- Think before you answer. Do not try to hasten.
- While answering situation-based questions, try to answer at ease. It will show you a patient problem solver and an asset to the team.
- For managerial positions, show your leadership and interpersonal relationship qualities.
1. How much time does it take for the whole interview process?
The whole hiring process takes about a couple of months to complete. Within this, the complete interview process takes 2 weeks. Each interview lasts about 30-45 minutes.
2. Which coding languages are required for the interview?
The mostly used coding languages are
3. Which topics should I prepare for Lowe’s interview for the Software Developer job?
4. What are the categories on which a candidate is judged during the interview?
- Personality Test- It tests the personality traits of the candidate with simple questions
- Situational Judgment Test- It evaluates behavioral abilities by testing through hypothetical and work-related situations
- Cognitive Test- It is an IQ test that assesses a candidate’s abstract thinking.
5. What are the eligibility criteria for Software Developers?
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 60% aggregate or 6.5+ GPA overall. He must have a specialization in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication.
Master front-end and back-end technologies and advanced aspects in our Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Unleash your career as an expert full stack developer. Get in touch with us NOW!
Hope this article was able to give you a thorough understanding about the recruitment process and the commonly asked Lowe’s interview questions and answers. If you are looking to further enhance your software development skills, we would highly recommend you check out Simplilearn’s Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. The course, designed in collaboration with Caltech CTME, can help you hone your skills and make you job-ready in no time.
If you have any questions or queries, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Our team will review and get back to you at the earliest.