What Is NPM?
Let's take async as an example. NPM is incredibly easy to use; all you need to do is type npm install async to install the desired module in the current directory under /node modules/. You may use need() on them as if they were built-ins once installed in your node modules folder.
- The biggest software registry in the world is npm.
- There are more than 800,000 code packages in the registry.
- To share software, open-source developers utilize npm.
- Npm is often used by businesses to control private growth.
All of Node.js's packages and modules are managed through NPM, which also includes the npm command-line client. Along with the installation of Node.js, it is added to the system. NPM is used to install the necessary modules and packages in a Node project.
What Is a Package?
- In Node.js, a package includes every file required for a module.
Functions of Node Package Manager(NPM)
- Online node.js packages/module repositories can be searched on nodejs.org
- Use a command-line tool to manage Node.js package dependencies, version control, and installation.
To install node package manager(NPM), we have to install node js.
- Step 1: Open https://nodejs.org/en/download/ and download node js as per the configuration of your laptop.
- Step 2: After installation, the node js will be installed in your system. To check if the node js is installed in your system we will write a command in the terminal “ node -v ”.
- Step 3: Now we will verify the npm version to do that we have to run a command write “npm -- version”
- Step 4: Now we will see how we can install node modules using npm there is a very simple syntax for that “npm install <Module Name>”
- Step 5: To install Express js the famous web framework module of node js we will simply write a command “npm install express”
- Step 6: Now, you can use the express module in your code by just requiring it.
“ var express = require (“express”); ”
This article has touched on what npm is, what is a package, functions of npm and then we will see how we can use it. To learn more about Express, you can enroll in Simplilearn's Node JS certification training. This certification training course will help you gain in-depth knowledge and concepts of Express.js, Node Packet Manager (NPM), NPM Vet, REST, shrink-wrap, Express.js with MongoDB, and SQLite CRUD operations. This Express JS training focuses on the essential concepts of Node JS and Express Js which provides hands-on experience in building an HTTP server.
If you have any questions or feedback, do let us know in the comments section of “Express js npm” article, and our experts will get back to you as soon.