Every application consists of a front-end, back-end, and database. Together, they form full-stack development. In this tutorial, you will cover the topics React and Express.
What is React js?
Features of React js
Now that you know what react js is, this section will cover its features.
- Virtual Document Object Model (DOM)- This defines how documents are accessed and manipulated on a web page.
- Performance - There are several ways to speed up the react application by using virtual DOM because it reduces the re-render time.
- One-way data-binding - Information flows in one direction. React receives information through arguments and passes it by return values.
- Extensions - React goes beyond simple UI and has many extensions for complete application support.
- Debugging - Facebook created a small browser extension to make react debugging easier and faster.
What is Express js?
Express js is a node js web application framework that provides broad features for building web and mobile applications. It is used to create a single page, multipage, and hybrid web application. Express js is high-performance, fast, unopinionated, and lightweight.
It’s a layer built on top of node js that helps manage servers and routes.
Features of Express js
Moving ahead in this section, you will cover the features of Express js.
- Fast server-side development
Node js's characteristics enable you to save a significant amount of time.
A request handler with access to the request-response cycle of an application is known as middleware.
It refers to how the URLs of an application's endpoint respond to client queries.
It provides templating engines that create HTML templates on the server to create dynamic content on web pages.
Express makes it easier by pinpointing the exact location of issues.
Benefits of Using Express js With React js
With express js, you can create an API very easily for the server. ExpressJS includes significant features that let you dynamically create a back-end API. It doesn’t require any third-party dependencies and doesn’t come with any frameworks or plugins. And with the help of React js, you can create a simple application very easily as react components are easily testable.
This tutorial has touched base on what react js is, all the features of react JS, what express js is, and all the features of express js, and then you saw the benefits of using express js with react js. You can enroll in Simplilearn’s Node JS certification training to learn more about Express. This certification training course will upskill you on how to use Express.js, NPM, NPM Vet, REST, shrink-wrap, Express.js with MongoDB, and SQLite CRUD operations. This Express JS training focuses on the fundamental ideas of Node JS and Express Js and gives you hands-on experience developing an HTTP server.
If you have any questions or feedback, do let us know in the comments section of the “React Express” tutorial, and our experts will get back to you as soon.