Managing Facebook Pages and ad accounts via personal accounts is tedious and presents multiple security and privacy concerns. The introduction of the Facebook Business Manager facilitates secure management of ad accounts, all Facebook Pages, and business assets in one place. It helps advertisers integrate Facebook marketing endeavors across their business, using the platform to run and track ads or join hands with an agency/marketing partner for assistance in managing their business.
What Is Facebook Business Manager?
It is a Facebook tool that allows the management of multiple Facebook Pages, advertising and Instagram accounts from a single place. The best benefits of Facebook Business Manager are:
- Separates personal profile from business page and gets rid of privacy concerns.
- Provides a central location to track ads and post-performance.
- Authorizes users to securely delegate tasks and grant partial or complete access to team members based on their roles without risking security.
- Agencies can link multiple clients’ Facebook Pages to their Facebook Business Manager accounts without linking their workers’ personal Facebook accounts as administrators.
- Facilitates ease of access withdrawal from people no longer associated with the organization.
- Simplifies building distinguishable custom audiences for different advertising campaigns, ensuring better targeting of audiences.
Exploring the Facebook Business Manager Main Menu
The Facebook Business Manager has the following main sections:
This section provides tools to learn about the audience and get creative ideas for operating ads. It includes the following:
- Creative Hub: In the Plan section, Creative Hub allows the creation of ad mockups that can be shared with team members to communicate ideas for content.
- Audience Insights: Helps find information about different audiences on Facebook based on parameters of your choice. The Audience Insights displays several tabs such as Demographics that reveal the age and gender of people who like your page, their occupation, marital status, and education. The Page Likes tab tells about the other pages liked by your page likers. Other important tabs in the Audience Insights report are Location, Household, Activity, and Purchase to assist you in probing deeper into the details of your page likers.
Audience Insight Report and Its Tabs
Recommended Read - A Beginner's Guide to Facebook Insight
Create and Manage
This section has tools for creating and managing advertisements. It provides access to the following tools:
- Power Editor: Offers advanced options and features for creating interactive ads.
- Page Posts: Lists all page posts (Published Posts, Scheduled Posts, and Ads Posts) and gives insights into their engagement metrics.
- App Dashboard: Helps app developers drive traffic to applications for more downloads.
- Automated Rules: It allows advertisers to structure rules for ad campaigns, such as automated alerts.
Create Rule Window for Setting Up Rules for Advertisements
Measure and Report
The tools in the Measure and Report section help analyze how the ads perform. This section contains:
- Ads Reporting: For creating a report for any running ad to create better-performing ones in the future. It helps compare several campaigns and analyze their key performance metrics, such as cost per conversion or click-through rates.
- Custom Conversions: To create custom conversions and view the status of all created custom conversions from the past. Each account can contain up to 40 custom conversions at a time.
- Pixels: Serves as a tracking code that allows Facebook to recognize visitors on your website and create ‘custom audiences’ of those visitors. It then shows the ads to those custom audiences for retargeting.
- Analytics: An invaluable tool for Facebook marketing efforts that helps analyze data from the pages and pixels.
Use the Assets section to access the key assets you have been using to build your ads, such as audiences for ad targeting, images, videos, and more.
- Audiences: For creating an audience for future use and viewing saved audiences. Audiences fall into three categories: custom audience, saved audience, and lookalike audience.
- Images: Clicking on the Images option displays a list of images, starting from the newest image used in a recent ad campaign or boosted post.
- Catalogs: Businesses with an e-commerce website can use this feature to create a product catalog for dynamic Facebook ads.
- Videos: Helps you to check, upload, and manage videos on any of your pages.
It stores all the account information. One can update payment information, email, and so on from the Settings section.
Settings Menu in Facebook Business Manager
The Frequently Used section displays the four most frequently accessed tools, enabling easier access. However, if you do not find a tool that you want to use, the All Tools option at the page bottom displays the entire overview.
How Do I Use Facebook Ads Manager?
What is Facebook ads manager? Facebook Ads Manager is one of the many assets within Business Manager. It provides a seamless grasp on creating, editing, and analyzing paid promotional Facebook campaigns across different advertising platforms under Facebook, including Instagram ads.
Facebook Business Manager and Ads Manager
The two ways to create a new ad campaign via Facebook Ads Manager are:
- Guided creation
- Quick creation
What Is Quick Creation?
This Facebook Ads Manager option allows creating new ad campaigns, ads, and ad sets in one window, making the process significantly quicker and easier.
Quick Creation for Creating Ads in Facebook Ads Manager
Learn how to market at Facebook with our FREE Facebook Marketing and Advertising course!
What Is Guided Creation and How to Use It?
Guided creation provides a step-by-step guide that simplifies Facebook ad creation for beginners. The steps involved are as follows:
- Step 1: Choosing the marketing objective based on business or revenue goals. For instance, to increase the number of ad viewers, select “Reach” below the “Awareness” section and create a campaign name.
- Step 2: Set up an ad account by selecting information, such as country, time zone, and currency. Facebook records this data for reporting and billing purposes and cannot be altered later. Next, click the ‘Show Advanced Options’ and create your ad account name.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Create One Ad Set’ or ‘Create Multiple Ad Sets’ per your requirement.
- Step 4: Choose the Facebook Page for the advertisement from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Create a list of visitors, customers, or leads to make a custom audience.
- Step 6: Select ad placements from various platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Audience Network and Messenger.
- Step 7: Choose from optimization options, such as bid strategy.
- Step 8: Set the budget and the starting schedule for ads/ ad sets.
Understanding Facebook Ads Manager Tabs
Facebook Ads Manager Dashboard
The Ads Manager interface contains the following four tabs that help in evaluating the ads created on Facebook:
- Account Overview: Helps advertisers see how their ads are performing at a glance.
- Campaigns: Allow creation, duplication, and editing of ad campaigns.
- Ad Sets: Enable creation, duplication, and editing of ad sets.
- Ads: Allow creation, duplication, and editing of ads.
Pros and cons of Facebook Ads Manager
Besides being free and time-saving, the Facebook Ads Manager streamlines the following tasks:
- Choosing devices for ad display (desktop, mobile or both)
- Selecting the position of ads on a page (News Feed or Right-Hand Column)
- Uploading contacts for custom targeting
- Discovering people similar to your target audiences
- Using A/B testing for effective ad strategies and elements
- Setting up ad budgets
- Getting real time-update
The cons of Facebook Ads Manager are as follows:
- It takes time to learn and set up Facebook Ads Manager.
- Lack of knowledge might risk money loss.
Become a millennial Digital Marketer in just 6 months. Enroll now for our PGP in Digital Marketing course in collaboration with Purdue University!
Want to learn how to use Facebook Ads Business Manager and other digital marketing tools? Sign-up for our PGP in Digital Marketing in association with Purdue University. Learn top digital marketing tools with this online marketing course featuring Masterclasses from Facebook and Purdue and Harvard Business Publishing case studies. Enroll Now and start learning!