In these digital times, brands are marketing and advertising across different channels. It is important for businesses to tell a consistent story to increase the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns. Integrated marketing communications is a marketing technique that helps brands with bringing together all their marketing efforts.
What Is Integrated Marketing?
Integrated marketing offers a smooth, customer-focused experience by incorporating all marketing communication elements, including public relations, social media, and advertising. It implies that your message should have a unified look, feel, and tone across your channels. The integration of marketing channels has never been more challenging or crucial, given the increase in new digital marketing channels during the past decade.
Why Should Your Business Use Integrated Marketing Communications?
Integrated marketing has greatly enhanced power. It has a number of benefits that might increase the efficiency of your marketing campaign.
- Consistency - If you want your marketing to have an impact, you must synchronize your messaging to remind them of your brand, even if they are already aware of it. An integrated marketing strategy that concentrates on the leading messaging across all channels is essential if you want to change how people perceive your marketing values and what it offers over time. This is why it's so important to have consistent messaging across all mediums.
- Cost Efficient - By enabling you to reuse the same content across various channels, integrating your marketing mediums can help lower the cost of producing marketing content. This method not only helps you save your expenses but also makes your communication more effective.
Getting Started With Integrated Marketing
Although developing integrated marketing communications appears simple in theory, various layers are involved here. Introducing captivating and exciting content to convey your message is the first step in establishing a healthy marketing plan.
Each marketing strategy you employ should promote the others. Customers will gradually get more informed as they interact with your company. There are several ways to integrate the marketing channels.
Sample Integrated Marketing Strategy
- One way to implement integrated marketing communication is by presenting your product in the same patterns across various media while using consistent wording.
- Depending on your marketing requirements and resources, choose your plan. The flexibility to adapt is the key to successful integrated marketing efforts.
- Ensure your campaign has established standards so that new assets maintain the same font, colors, and visual motifs. You must create a fascinating concept.
- All effective integrated marketing strategies have in common that they are built on interesting concepts. You should determine what makes you different from the competitors to start.
- Align your engaging idea, such as your ultimate goal idea, with your brand values, fair prices, and outstanding design with the principles of your brand. Use content that capitalizes on the advantages of several mediums and is united by your fascinating concept.
- Before taking the step, it can be challenging to determine which marketing tactics would be most successful for integrated marketing, so test your content first.
- A planned procedure from the start ensures that no phases are missed, nothing gets lost inside the flow, and all targets get met.
How to Develop a Successful Integrated Marketing Strategy?
Your integrated marketing communications approach should be guided by the collection and analysis of data on consumer behavior. You can adjust your marketing approach and increase its performance using the data that has been gathered. You may also discover which marketing channels are functioning successfully by gathering and evaluating their data. It lets you choose where to spend extra funds to strengthen your message.
The phase of the buying process you are seeking to influence should be considered while developing your marketing approach. When creating your marketing plan, you might get more insights by examining your internal and external environments. It will let you know what your strengths are and where your shortfalls are so you may work on them. Before beginning to develop any ideas or techniques, it is essential to be aware of the resources that are at your availability. A proportion of sales or a percentage of profit can be the budget type your business chooses for its marketing initiatives.
Additionally, the size of your company and its financial capacity will determine your budget. You can evaluate the effectiveness of your tactics by analyzing how well they function. Integrated marketing communication is circular. Therefore you can use this information to determine whether your strategy has to be improved in the following iteration. If you complete all of these stages correctly, integrated marketing communication will be clearly described for your organization. Additionally, you can manage your marketing programs more effectively as a business. You can easily connect with your target audience and give them the best possible experience.
IMC Case Study
1. Microsoft Corporation
An American technological business called Microsoft Corporation creates, produces, licenses, sells, supports, and provides support for personal computers, consumer gadgets, and related services. Their goal is to "provide the power to every person and every administration on the globe to accomplish more." A key component of Microsoft's marketing plan is print and media. Microsoft spends upwards of $1.5 Billion on print and media alone. Microsoft regularly has taken up Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects, which has given AI a prominent position in its product lineup. Microsoft partnered with Carlsberg to employ AI to accelerate the creation of new beer tastes to market its AI solutions. The company has promoted this initiative using various platforms and an integrated marketing strategy.
Coca-Cola's integrated components used a mass media approach comprising banners, print, and television advertising. The strategy used a marketing mix that included advertisements, promotional events, and interactive and engaging media marketing on the web. One of the most productive advertisers in the history of marketing is Coca-Cola. Throughout the company's 129-year history, numerous advertising campaigns have frequently impacted society and culture significantly. The Coca-Cola Company's primary integrated marketing communication tools include advertising, public affairs, sponsors, and promotional events. One of the critical factors in the company's success is the successful blending of various tools and their use in real life.
3. Wells Fargo
The third-largest bank in the world is Wells Fargo, a giant in the financial services industry. Though being plagued by fraud, the business used integrated marketing and rebrand initiatives to regain the confidence of its stakeholders and customers. Advertisements focus on implementing Control Tower, a function that gives users secure, consolidated access to their banking information. Wells Fargo correctly utilized the integrated marketing communication channels to create a well-rounded campaign well-liked by its target audience.
Become a millennial Digital Marketer in just 6 months. Enroll now for our PGP in Digital Marketing course in collaboration with Purdue University!
Become a Digital Marketer
Sign-up for our 6-month Digital Marketing Job Guarantee Program course and learn all the tools and techniques required to make a successful career. Land your dream job within just 180 days of graduation or get your money back. Learn from the best and get placed in a top role with an average pay of INR 5.5 LPA.
Integrated marketing communications can help a brand connect better with the target audience. It is an essential part of digital marketing careers. Simplilearn offers a wide range of courses to help you reach better heights in your career. Find a course that fits your requirements and start learning!