Looking Back at the Past 8 Years With Much Gratitude
I started Simplilearn as a blog eight years ago out of my love for teaching. Little did I know that the blog experiment would help in shaping a new edtech industry for up-skilling working professionals. In the last few years, a host of global and Indian companies have joined this bandwagon and together we are working towards meeting the re-skilling needs of professionals and enterprises and bridging the skill gap in the digital economy. “Tech” re-skilling and up-skilling are here to stay! There’s nothing more significant than the need for continuous learning in this fast-changing environment of digital disruptions.
As Simplilearn turns 8 this month, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on eight milestones we achieved, as we gear up for another year of awesomeness in helping enterprises and individuals become digital ready.
- We pioneered the “outcome-centric learning approach” through the blended model approach to training. Each course that Simplilearn creates is focused on helping learners achieve a tangible outcome through wage hikes, promotions and career changes, ultimately resulting in accelerated career progress.
- Started as a training platform for project management, Simplilearn rapidly expanded its course offerings in hot digital domains that are touted to be in-demand globally. Today, we offer over 400+ courses ranging across all emerging digital technologies.
- Our people have always been the biggest source of strength for our rapid growth. We’re a 650+ strong family today with colleagues spread between India and the U.S. We’re all driven by a common passion to help individuals achieve their career goals.
- Our strong Y.O.Y growth enabled us to advance the careers of over one million professionals across 150 countries. This again wouldn’t have been possible without the dedicated efforts of our course advisors and 2000+ trainers who are spread across the globe.
- Our success in the B2C business triggered our focus into the enterprise training space in 2016. We have been partnering with 30 percent of the top Fortune 500 companies in their digital transformation journeys.
- In 2016 and 2017, we led the “re-skilling” phenomena with the launch of the edtech industry’s first ever brand TVC, with Irfan Khan in India and the NERD campaign in the U.S.
- We expanded our digital marketing curriculum through the acquisition of Market Motive in 2015 which helped us in carving our spot in the U.S. marketplace. We now have offices in San Francisco, California, and Raleigh, North Carolina.
- A strong belief in our business model and sustained growth has helped us to receive three VC fundings between 2012 and 2015 from Kalaari Capital, Mayfield Ventures, and Helion Ventures.
We owe our success to YOU. Thank you for choosing Simplilearn and being part of our successful journey.
The brightest of futures beckons!
Recommended articles for you
Orange Romania Chooses Simplilearn to Help Upskill and Reski...Article
Reskilling the Government Workforce for the Digital AgeArticle
Upskilling Veterans With Military Career FairsArticle