Data Analytics critically relies on data cleaning for accurate results. Most of the time, the data is either incomplete or has irrelevant information, which could be special symbols or glitches that occur while collecting the data. Hence, cleaning data happens to be a tedious task.
This article on How to remove blank rows in excel will help you deal with one such scenario where you can try cleaning your data by eliminating all the blank rows in excel within a few simple clicks.
How to Remove Blank Rows in Excel?
The original data will be visible as shown below. This sample data is based on employee details of a company. The data rows have some blank and incomplete data rows, which are deliberately included in the data for demonstration purposes.
We can try to clean the data in a few simple steps.
- Step 1: Select the entire data as shown in the image below.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Home option on the toolbar, and search for the Find and Select option that looks as follows.
- Step 3: Click on the Find and Select option and choose the Go to Special option in the dropdown as shown below.
- Step 4: In the new dialog box on the screen, select the blanks option as shown below.
- Step 5: All the blank cells and rows are selected in the dataset, as shown below.
- Step 6: Press the shortcut key combination CTRL + - (control/command key + minus key) to activate the delete option, as shown in the image below. Select the third option of deleting the entire row and press ok.
- Step 7: The entire dataset is cleaned, and the blank rows were successfully eliminated, as shown in the image below.
Kick-start your career growth story with our PGP in Business Analysis. Get a chance to master Excel, Tableau, and Python tools. Start learning now!
Highlight Duplicates in Excel can be your next step in learning the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel. Most scenarios expect the data analysts to highlight duplicate cells quickly and refine data. Learning the precise shortcut ways could be beneficial.
Interested to learn more about Business Analytics? Then consider visiting the Business Analytics certification course from Simplilearn. It is Ranked among the five topmost business analytics courses in the Industry. This Simplilearn program is a result-oriented training and certification program that helps you master statistics and data analytics concepts.
Should you have any questions about this "How to Remove Blank Blank Rows in Excel" tutorial? Please feel free to write to us in the comments below. Our expert team will resolve them and will be happy to answer them at the earliest.