Nowadays, everything revolves around social media, and Instagram is one of them. So if anyone wants to practice any programming language, they must practice it by creating Projects that can help them increase their knowledge about the language.
In this article on the Instagram clone, we will see how to create a clone using react and how to deploy different modules of react. Also, we will be using react router dom and material UI.
Steps to Create an Instagram Clone Using React
- Step 1: First, we need to create a React Project. For that, we need to write a command npx create-react-app Instagram-clone
- Step 2: After Creating an empty project, we will run our project in the terminal and write the command “npm start”
Now let's add a module for that write a command “npm install @material-ui/core”
After that, let's create the login page for our application now, we will be divided the page into 3 parts ” 3,6,3 “
First we will add the image, then we will create the login part of Instagram, and all the work will be done in the center grid.
- Step 3: Now, inside our src folder, create a folder component because we will be using many components in our project, so to make it look clean we are using components.
Inside the components let's create the LoginPage folder and inside that, create two files, LoginPage.js and LoginPage.css.
In the Js file, we will write all our react code, and in the CSS file, we will do the styling.
To add these files we need to add this to App.js
- Step 4: After creating the login page we have to add the signIn page and signup page
Now lets create another folder SignUp and inside that create a js file. So when the user clicks on SignUp it will redirect to the SignUp page.
- Step 5: After completing the Instagram login page we will now move to the main page. Lets first create the navbar for the main page
For that lets create a folder NavBar inside that again js and css file
- Step 6: Now we will create the folder post
Inside that we will create 2 file post.css and post.css
In the post.js file in post container, we will create 4 parts first the header of the post ,
Then the picture and the like comment button and then the comments.
- Step 7: In last we will work on the info and suggestion box
We have added a few comments in the code also for better understanding of the structure.
Master the fundamentals of React including JSX, props, state, and events. Consider the React.js Certification Training Course. Enroll now!
We hope that this tutorial on "Instagram Clone using React js" has helped you better grasp how React works. Simplilearn's React JS Training Course will teach you the fundamentals of React, including JSX, props, state, and events, a popular online framework for creating user interfaces. Reducers, actions and the state tree are all covered in this Redux training course.
Are there any questions you'd want to ask us? In case you’ve got any recommendations or questions for us, please leave them in the comments section. Our professionals will respond as soon as possible!