What Is NodeJS?
- It runs on a web application outside the client's browser
- The developers use it to build server-side web applications
- Node js is perfect for data-intensive applications since it uses an asynchronous, event-driven model.
- Typescript supports coding methods, such as static typing and type checking.
- It's designed to create complex and high-level applications.
- Having Typescript as the primary language for supporting Node.js capabilities would be ideal.
What Is Express JS?
- Express is a node js framework designed to build API's web applications and cross-platform mobile apps quickly and easily.
- Express JS is Unopinionated.
- Express JS makes the node js easy and is used as a server-side scripting language.
It's a layer built on the top of the Node js that helps manage servers and routes.
What Is TypeScript?
- It was developed and maintained by Microsoft.
- Typescript was created for developers to develop large applications.
Setting Up Development Environment
Let's create a setup to run the typescript node and express for that first. We need to install visual studio code
- Step 1: Download VS code and install it
Now you have to install node js
- Step 2: Open node.js official website and install it
- Step 3: After installing, open VS code and enter a command to see the
version of node JS
- Step 4: "node -v" will show the version of your node, and you can see that the node is successfully installed
Now create a new Folder
- Step 5:Click on the terminal and enter the command "npm init -y"
- Step 6:This will create a JSON file inside your folder
After this, we will install typescript dependencies for that. We will write a command
- Step 7:npm i -D typescript
- Step 8: Now we will install the npm package "ts - node" which will help the user to run the typescript files directly
- Step 9: We will also install nodemon, which we use to automatically restart the node application when there is any change.
So for that, we will write a command that is "npm i ts-node nodemon"
- Step 10: After this, we will install Express JS. For that, write a command
"npm i express"
Now we will create a ts config JSON file. For that we will write a command
- Step 11:“npx tsc - - D”
Now we will create a folder src.
Inside that folder, we will write all our code
- Step 12: Create a folder, open the terminal, and enter a command to create a directory
- "mkdir src"
- "src" is a folder name
- Step 13: The last step is to create a file name app.ts inside the src folder where we will write our code to execute.
Looking to accelerate your career as a skilled Full Stack Web Developer? Leverage Caltech CTME's academic excellence in a unique bootcamp-style Post Graduate Program in Full Stack Web Development. Enroll Now!
We hope this TypeScript with Express js tutorial has provided you with a foundational grasp of TypeScript and Express JS. Course certification will benefit you if you wish to learn these programming languages and work as a developer or programmer. Enroll in the Full Stack Web Developer - MEAN Stack Master's Program to learn Typescript.
If you have any specific queries for us, please let us know. Please share any recommendations or questions about using TypeScript with Express JS in the comments section down below, and our experts will answer them for you.